Thursday, July 30, 2009

Lauren Jean Jones June 27th, 2008





Lauren Jean Jones arrived on June 27th, 2008 at 2:47pm. She weighed 4lbs, 6oz and was 17 1/2 inches long. Dr. Martinez, my nurse, Loren, my anesthesiologist, and Dustin were all in the L&D OR with me. Lauren was born 15 minutes after I was taken in to have an emergency c-section due to preeclampsia. Two of the best from MCH NICU were present to help with Lauren when she arrived: Nurse Phil and Respiratory Therapist Cynthia. That was such a relief to me knowing she was in good hands. Lauren was beautiful! I got to see her and hear her cry before they put her in an isolette and wisked her to the NICU. For those of you that don't know, Lauren wasn't named until until after she was born. I finally told Dustin to go in the NICU, look at her, and decide which name from the choices we had previously discussed fit our baby the best. He decided on Lauren, being that it is Sydney's middle name. Jean is my Didi's (grandmother and hero) middle name. So...that was that, Lauren Jean Jones. What an angel and little miracle!

No comments: