Tuesday, May 20, 2008

We are going to parents!!





Christmas morning 1:00am - We found out we are going to parents. Wow! It all started when I was talking with my cousin, Amanda, about her pregnancy. She was describing her pregnancy symptoms and for some odd reason I was not doubting that I was NOT pregnant. I decided to talk to Dustin about this and tell him that I had been experiencing some of the same symptoms as Amanda. We really didn't know what to think at this point so we decided that we might ought to get a pregnancy test. After the Jones Christmas on Christmas Eve, we decided to stop by Walgreens on our way home. I made Dustin go in and get the test since I was not going to be seen on that aisle. Of course he came back with the most expensive digital pregnancy test you could buy. He said he wanted to buy the best to make sure it was going to be accurate. We went home and stared at the test for a while and I finally decided to break open the box. Sure enough that thing blinked "PREGNANT" in less than 30 seconds. As crazy as that early morning was, we agreed that we could not have asked for a better Christmas present. The only problem was that we had agreed to keep our news a secret until we could tell our parents at the same time. I was leaving for Dallas the next day with Mom and Didi. It sure was a LONG four days...

We finally told our family on New Year's Day letting them know that our New Year's resolution was to be good parents in this coming year. We finally got to share the excitement!

1 comment:

Firefly said...

Those pictures are PRICELESS! :)